Monday, December 25, 2006

First XNA task: import a model from graphic application

My first task of dealing with XNA is to import some 3D models I created from 3D animation into XNA framework. From the online help of XNA I figured out that I need to get FXB Exporter for the corresponding 3D modelling application I use. Since the help file explictly said that it works great on "2006.11 version of 3D Max's FBX exporter", so that's what I will try first.

I use this Unity discussion pages as stepping stone, and found the FBX plugins for Lightwave and 3DStudio Max. (By the way, I may spent sometime to try out Unity later). Here you can get all the FBX plug in stuffs, while you can get the Lightwave plugs here.

BTW, when I started up my Lightwave 8.5 green app, the program bugged me for accessing the Net (as the request was stopped by my firewall). I have to allow it to do some stuff at least once, or it the application (both the modeller and animation tracker) will not work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home