Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Microsoft Expression Blend 1.0: Right direction, long way to go

I was intensely using Blend 1.0 for the last one day, and my impression was that:

  • Blend 1.0 is a much better way to learn xaml. Switch between code and graphic view gives you better understanding about the power and limitation of Xaml.
  • The videos tutorial provided by Microsoft are extremely helpful. On the other hand, online help sucks.
Since I am such a bitchy person, here's my complain on Blend 1.0.
  • Difficult to Stack Panel and items within it. I need to get used to the Selection and Direct Selection thing. Turns out the best way to select stuff is from "Object and Timeline".
  • Moving label into a Panel will result in losing the text! I was like, what the *&%%$%^&(- . Sigh, never mind.
  • Switching between Design and XAML view doesn't automatically select the corresponding code or object. We really need that to be productive, man!
  • No intellisense for XAML on XAML view ... bad... bad ...
  • Not much flexibility on rearranging workspace. You basically only have 2 workspace setting: time line and regular. The best you can do is yank everything out of the main window.
  • The hell! Just seconds ago I crashed Expression by messing with timeline.
Finally let me bitch about the XAML technology itself.
  • Xaml does not allow percentage in width and height based on the hosting container. Admitted by a PM in Microsoft, there's no stronge Layout concept in Xaml ... yet. Well, one can alway dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home