Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Complex problem, simple answer

I can't believe that I didn't though of it before, but yeah, thanks Daniel, my colleague at work place, for providing me a solution on combining all DLL needed to deploy a ASP.Net user control.

Originally I had 3 solutions in mind:
  • Rewriting the user control into custom control.
  • Use ILMerge to merge all DLL into one DLL. [Example]
  • Create a ASP.Net 2.0 web site (instead of an ASP.Net web project), compile the code and grab the DLL with strange name. (It mentioned in MSDN magazine, and also in this blog.
Well my friend Daniel told me the 4th solution: why not just combine all the projects (Presentation, Business Object and Data Access) into the user control project! Then we will only have one project .. one DLL ... simple.

Well ... I'll damned,but I am trying it out now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home