Monday, February 02, 2009

Trying to install Visual Studio 2008 on my Tablet PC laptop

To satisfy my craft of impulsive programming need, I was installing Visual Studio 2008 on my Lenovo X60T Tablet PC, which recently cleanly installed Windows 7 in it.

The process was more troublesome than I expected since there's no simply clean way to open an .iso file on Windows 7. I actually have to extract the ISO to a folder on my removable hard disk on my XP machine, and then do the installation using the expanded files.

The installation of The VS 2008 was ok snappy, but once in a while I got a "Deep Copy Service Stopped" error message, makes me think like ... WHAT?

The installation of VS 2008 Service Pack 1 takes a LONG TIME.

Another minor complain: the VS2008 Pro image from MSDN Library was NOT updated to SP1 yet. Why can't they have SP1 integrated in the disk?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home