Sunday, March 23, 2008

ACL, IIS and my low EQ

It's funny how easy I can get frustrated by myself.

I can trying to figure how to run the Silverlight Surface demo running on my own machine. First I download the Source Code (by the way it's super freaking hard to navigate to the right page), and then tried to just open the Default.html out of the Run folder. It didn't work.

And then I saw the web.config file, and I thought, hey, maybe I need to run this thing under a web server, so I created a virtual directory and point it to .... notice this .. a folder that I expanded directly on my desktop. This is what the headache started, because I keep getting error saying that ACL access prohibit me from accessing any file in my virtual directory.

Eventually I solved the problem by move the Silverlight Surface folder until Q driver. And now everything work out fine. I guess there's some special security going on for folder on my desktop.

Speaking of that Surface demo, it seems to be a great demo to illustrate how to put items on a canvas in a object oriented way....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home