Thursday, September 03, 2009

JavaScript debugging with Visual Studio 2008: Awesome

I can't believe that I never tried debugging Javascript on Visual Studio 2008 before. I was relying on FireBug so far and it was not as integrate with my development workflow as I want. But with Visual Studio 2008, all I need is:

- Go to menu [File][Browse With...] and select "Internet Explorer" as your default debugging browser.
- In Internet Explorer, select menu [Tools][Internet Options...], then go to [Advanced] tab, under the "Browsing" group, make sure the item "Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer)" is NOT CHECKED.
- Set break point on the script in Visual Studio 2008.

That's it. Start debugging session and you will see you code stopped at the breakpoint you just set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home